Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Life Goes On

So I have been finding it increasingly difficult to muster any motivation to do ANYTHING whatsoever. I mean I am getting a really really bad case of senior-itis. I can't seem to motivate myself to do anything but check my bank account, my email and do the mandatory reports. I know I really need to do something cuz I still have enough time to be discovered and made useful. I walked into the DFAC today and one of the workers said something to me and I smiled really big (the I don’t understand you, but I’m going to smile and pretend I do anyway smile). Well he looked at me expectantly (damn, it was a question…) so then I had to ask him again and I finally was able to understand he was asking about my well-being since I had fallen into that hole outside. Oh great, so now they have super duper bat vision or else someone put an announcement out over the cafeteria “Dumb blond (in serious need of some root touch ups) fell into one of the holes outside, yeah you know, sandwich guys girlfriend…” I mean it was pitch black outside. Perfect. I am now on a first name basis with sandwich man (I think his name is Masha…so much for bob) and he has introduced me to his boss, we’ve moved into that point in our relationship I suppose where its only natural I should meet his boss…I suppose next it will be the rest of his wives; I’m kind of nervous-hehe just kidding. So I went to try and do the impossible…get the PSB (personnel support Battalion) to stop the allotment going to my car. My first attempt I have to assume went to a good cause, maybe they ran out of toilet paper and my request was on the top of the stack. I guess PSB does some furtive shitting too. So anywho I go in, armed with the TL (tracking log) showing that I did indeed submit this once before so they will get off their dead asses and maybe I don’t know actually accomplish it. When I was enlisted I used to be in the administration field, I don’t really remember these rules that seemed to have been adopted:

1.Always lose the paperwork the first time around, it creates less work and if its really important to them they will come back and submit it again
2.Always move extremely slow when helping people, it ensures you don’t actually get too much accomplished and if you piss them off enough maybe they will hate you enough to never come back
3.Always sit at your desk typing furiously ignoring anyone who comes to the help desk, eventually they will realize they are not important enough to be helped and go away.

I heard the other day that the military is going to switch to civilians to run the personnel side of the house. I’m not really sure which I’m more afraid of; some PFC with 3 inch long acrylic claws and an “I get paid no matter how shitty my attitude/performance is” attitude, or a large overweight civilian with an “I have no idea what its like to be you, and I don’t care because I will also get paid no matter whether all your checks bounce and mortgage gets paid” attitude. It’s kind of frightening really. Why couldn’t I have a sandwich man in the PSB, now that would be a useful hookup. My friend read my blog and told me I have issues with people. I told him to shut up and mind his own business….and still life goes on…

1 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger Michael Moore-on said...

Thanks for the acronym explanations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<[a style="TEXT-DECORATION: none" href="http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/000359.html" target="_top"><[img src="http://photos1.blogger.com/img/286/3763/175/milblogsa.jpg" border="0" />