Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Say it to my face BIOTCH!

Ok, now this is gonna sound bad…but its really not that bad…later on I learned I had this problem with anger (famous words of Reece witherspoon in Freeway). Sometimes I wonder if I have a problem communicating effectively. I think it started when I was a wee 2LT just fresh out of OBC and full of worthless ideals and crap. Well there was a Captain in this aviation unit that I was in that just had it out for me, I mean for some crazy reason (my big fat mouth) he just didn’t seem to care for me (hated my guts). He got particularly nasty at one point when I sent a mass email out to all CDR’s asking them to give me names of who could participate in an exercise I had to jump through my as* and coordinate well outside the 6 week preparation requirement and request time. They insisted I had to plan this training and ran my little newbie as* ragged planning it and groveling to another unit to provide support. But then when I requested the names of those who would attend I suddenly got the deer in the headlight look. Wait a minute, we wanted you to plan this (right in the middle of gunnery) but we didn’t know we had to actually send soldiers to it. (insert extremely constipated look here) Wow, I know I’m a young LT and I don’t know anything, but to conduct a training exercise don’t you need to actually oh I don’t know train people? So I sent an email outlining my requirements and told the commanders I needed to know what they CAN provide not what they couldn’t and I bolded the word “can”. Although no one else seemed to find my request disrespectful, CPT Spanky (name has been changed in this story to better suit the individual) got his heiny hairs all twisted and decided he was going to professionally develop me. He let me know that I should watch how I was addressing senior officers (guess he missed the Gentlemen at the beginning and the Very Respectfully at the end) and (this is the best part) that if I was going to go as far as to bold my lettering, I should have the courage to come down and say it in person. Now I could overlook the fact that he was being a snotty little douchebag and pulling rank in the situation, but the redneck in me did kinda balk on the whole say it to my face thing. I mean seriously. So naturally I did what all wittle wieutenants do when de’re wittle feewings get hurt…called my girlfriend to talk some massive shit and confer on how to best handle (give him the discreet f*ck you) his little love note. In the end I wrote him apologizing for offending him and all the way at the bottom almost as an afterthought… “I hope it’s noted the courage it does take to be the only chemical lieutenant in an all aviation unit with one gold bar”. I wasn’t in the office when he read it unfortunately but since I was good friends with one of his warrant officers I hear it went something like the scene in Who Framed Roger Rabbit when he Roger takes a shot of liquor. I later did the strut of pride all the way to my boss’ office to sign what I suspected would not be my last counseling statement…to be continued

1 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Michael Moore-on said...

Hmm.."douchebag" and "redneck" in the same post. Douchebag is a new england term, whilst redneck is definately a southern term. Just where the heck do you come from anyway? Great story, looking forward to the ending.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<[a style="TEXT-DECORATION: none" href="http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/000359.html" target="_top"><[img src="http://photos1.blogger.com/img/286/3763/175/milblogsa.jpg" border="0" />